California – A jury found a 30-year-old father and his girlfriend guilty Wednesday of torture and child abuse for starving two of his children and physically abusing a third.
Erik Austin Flores and Mariah Rita Sugg, 23, were arrested in June after San Bernardino County social workers were called by employees at the Marinello School of Beauty in Victorville, who saw the emaciated children when both defendants brought them to the school, according to a news release from the San Bernardino District Attorney’s Office.
The kids, ages 4, 6 and 7, were described by school employees as looking like “concentration camp” survivors and “zombies,” the release stated.
Flores and Sugg received food stamps, but starved children and put them through extreme workout sessions as punishment, authorities stated in the release. More Up to the minute Crime Stories – Updated 24 hours a day
- 11-year-old Arkansas girl steals $1,300 from grandma to take cab to Florida to meet boy
- Japan outraged over ‘Unbroken’ movie
- Man is finally exonerated after 40 years in prison over murder he didn’t commit
- Man cuts off his own head with a chainsaw
- Schoolboy speared in throat by chopsticks after crash with parent on electric scooter
- House fire started by dog playing with matches
- This mom eats a roll of toilet paper a day
- Man: the reason a sheriff’s deputy smelled booze on his breath was because he had just eaten beer-battered fish
- Woman Burns From Inside Out After Reaction to Friend’s Medicine
- 4-Year-Old Boy Dies After Being Inside Washing Machine – Father Arrested
- Congress’ Big Spending Bill Covers Bullets, Cow Farts, and Chinese Chickens
- 2-Time Kidney Transplant Survivor Featured On ‘Today’ Show Killed In Burglary At Home
- Homemade cable car suspended between two cliffs is lifeline for remote village