COMMACK, New York - A homeowner came to the rescue for a 79-year-old man Monday, after the man accidentally drove right into the homeowner’s in-ground swimming pool on Long Island.
Joseph DiDonato was driving a 2010 Acura sport-utility vehicle through the parking lot of Mayfair Foot Care, at 19 Harned Rd. in Commack, around 3:45 p.m., Suffolk County police said.
He apparently hit the gas pedal instead of the brake, and the vehicle broke through the backyard fence of a nearby house, police said.
Jon Bacchi, 32 was in the backyard at the time of the crash, police said. He jumped into the pool, smashed the driver’s side window, and pulled DiDonato out to safety, police said. More
More Nutty News:
- School Cop Accused Of Demanding To Smell Woman’s Socks
- ‘Haunted’ station hires ‘supernatural’ officer
- White House fence jumper screams in court, is forcibly removed
- Protesters Want Voters to Write-In Michael Brown for St. Louis County Executive
- Teacher Accused Of Putting Duct Tape On Student’s Mouth, Stamping Foreheads Of Others
- Family Kicked Off Bus for Singing a Song to Their Autistic Child – It Was Offensive to Islam
- Man Choked Girlfriend Because She Didn’t Look ‘Like She Was On The Internet’
- Why You Shouldn’t Shine Lasers at Police Aircraft – You Get Hunted Down
- Nurse accused of killing 38 patients gets fan mail in jail
- Honey Boo Boo: June Shannon’s daughter Anna says mom’s pedophile ex molested her as child
- Couple Sentenced to 2,340 Years in Prison for Heinous Crime
- College Building Believed To Be Haunted
- Teen On Way To Job Interview Violently Beaten, Stomped, Robbed By ‘Sisterhood Gang’ Of Girls
- Clown terror spreads in France
- Security staff are guarding supermarket fridges
- New Black Panther group hails ax attack on cops