Richard Eggers, 68, was fired from his job as a customer service representative for putting a cardboard cutout of a dime in a washing machine nearly 50 years ago in Carlisle.
Warren County court records show Eggers was convicted of operating a coin-changing machine by false means. Eggers called it a “stupid stunt,” but questions his firing.
Big banks have been firing low-level employees like Eggers since new federal banking employment guidelines were enacted in May 2011 and new mortgage employment guidelines took hold in February.
The tougher standards are meant to clear out executives and mid-level bank employees guilty of transactional crimes - such as identity theft and money laundering – but are being applied across the board because of possible fines for noncompliance. More
Take Nutty News with you with the Nutty News iPhone App – Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
Nutty News Today – Nutty News Videos – Today’s Nutty Joke – Nutty Facts – Strange Crimes – Nutty News Facebook Fan Page
More Nutty News:
- Russia’s Women’s Olympic Volleyball Coach Found Hanged in Hotel
- Yahoo News’ Washington bureau chief was fired over racist remark on air
- Man opens store named Hitler – Owner did not know who Adolf Hitler was
- Man Sues Orthodontist For Leaving Braces On Him For 11 Years
- Thieves steal vial of late Pope John Paul II’s blood from priest’s backpack
- MSNBC cuts speeches made by minorities from RNC coverage
- Juan Williams removed from Fox panel for remarks?
- Missing woman joins search party for herself
- Customer shoots robber dead
- Can I pet your cat?
- Mom Gave Beer To Son, 4, At Irish Pub
- Gun ID legislation may trigger exodus of gunmakers Remington, Colt
- Auction Hunters: Human Organs Found In Storage Locker
- Soldiers suspected in double homicide, plotted to kill President Obama
- Man goes to jail for beating birds
- Prisoner uses dummy, buries himself in garden in escape attempt
- Nutty Videos
- Nutty News Facebook Fan Page – Get Nutty News on your Facebook
- Deaf Three-Year-Old Violates Preschool’s Weapons Policy
- Woman aims for skunk but shoots husband
- Protesters Dressed as Giant Vaginas Greet Delegates
- Lindsay Lohan suspect in $100,000 jewelry theft
- Angelina Jolie lookalike stabbed taxi driver for refusing sex
- Woman fired shotgun during argument over gun control
- Left-Handed Whopper