Thursday, August 23, 2007

Environmental Court - Woman banned from smoking in her own yard


VAXJO Sweden - A Swedish woman has been banned from smoking in her garden in a trial headed by the Environmental Court in Vaxjo. The 49-year-old single mother from Akarp, Sweden, said she is enraged by the decision but admitted that she will obey the ruling to avoid having to pay a fine, The Local reported Thursday. "I actually do go and sit outside the area marked with an X. But I don't do it because I think it's right -- I'm just worried I'll be forced to pay and that makes me furious," she said. The ban came after the woman’s neighbor, a lawyer with an aversion to smoke, contacted the Environmental Court over the issue after attempting to sue the woman for smoking near him. Full Story - Skoal - American Photo Magazine - Service Magic